The Untitled Chapters Team is thrilled to post a Creative workshop being held in Dubai by the International Organization “The Creative Workshop” which will be taking place in April!
The Creative Workshop was established in 1993 by educator and writer Shelley Berc and educator and multimedia artist Alejandro Fogel. The organization is dedicated to teaching individuals and groups about their creative processes.
- The Creativity Workshop in Dubai will help you become more creative in your personal and professional life; the creativity training we provide uses the tools of creative writing, memoir, art, photography, storytelling, mapmaking, and guided visualization.
- Participants come from many different countries and professional fields, including business, education, psychology, the sciences, and the arts.
- Many people who have taken the Workshop say that it was a transformative experience, helping them to write their books, start new companies, complete long overdue projects, transition to rewarding retirements, and change the way they look at life.
- The Creativity Workshop in Dubai meets for 4 days, 3 hours per day (from 10 AM to 1 PM). You will have the rest of the time to sightsee.
- Class will take place in Dubai’s Marina district at Marina Byblos Hotel, just a 5-minute walk from Jumeirah Beach.
What Will You Learn?
The Creativity Workshop is an experiential workshop of doing and experimenting. Our exercises and instructors’ talks focus on helping you:
- Learn practical techniques to stimulate your imagination and innovative thinking.
- Explore the process of creativity, rather than simply focusing on the product.
- Discover how to find inspiration in the world around you.
- Get over creative blocks and the fear of failure.
(Order and kinds of exercises and instructors’ talks may vary. Some exercises are done individually while others are collaborative.)
- Tuesday, April 29: Arrival. Free day
- Time for you to settle in and relax.
- Wednesday, April 30: First day of workshop
- Introduction to the hows and whys of The
- Relaxation: Exercises in relaxation techniques to help your imagination flow.
- Guided Visualization: Calling forth the vocabulary of your imagination using the myth of the hero’s journey as a framework.
- Automatic Drawing: Finding our hidden imagery.
- Show and Tell: Retrieving and sharing childhood memories to spark new ideas. This exercise will sharpen your storytelling skills.
- Instructors’ talk: How some famous writers, scientists, and artists found their inspiration, and how you can use some of their methods to find yours.
- Introduction to the hows and whys of The
- Thursday, May 1:
- Guided Visualization: Mapmaking as a way to find, chart, and communicate your creative process and projects.
- Automatic Writing: How automatic writing (also known as “free writing”) can help you create in new and surprising ways. How you can use automatic writing to outrun your inner judge, get over creative blocks, and discover new ways of developing and editing written work. How alternating between writing and drawing can help you develop creative flexibility and mental dexterity.
- The Interview: Listening to and experiencing a life outside your own. How listening is as important as doing in creative work.
- Writing in Cafes: an exercise that will continue to take place over the next 2 days.
Instructors’ talks may include:
- How to do ongoing creative work in short modules of time.
- How to use luck and coincidence to jump-start creative projects.
- Friday, May 2:
- Guided visualization: Letter writing as a way to express voice, character, and audience.
- Miniature Theatre: Storytelling with found objects.
- Automatic Writing: Writing in Groups. How writing and/or drawing with others can stimulate your imagination and expand your point of view.
- Saturday, May 3:
- Guided visualization: The Myth of the Other.
- Imagining yourself living a parallel life. What would you do that you aren’t doing now?
- The Sand Mandala: Making an Illuminated Manuscript.
- Final Group Exercise.
- Instructors’ talks may include:
- The Gift of the Amateur.
- Creativity is a Muscle: Use it or Lose it.
- Making your home and work environments inspiring.
- How to stay creative after The Creativity Workshop ends.
Sunday, May 4: Departure
To apply & to get more information, visit their website
Good luck everyone ^^
– Untitled Chapters Team
(Information & images about course was taken from The Creative Workshop website)