The Untitled Chapters just came across some very exciting news for our younger writers! A JACQUELINE WILSON YOUNG WRITER’S COMPETITION !!
Write your own short story adventure inspired by Hetty Feather.
All entrants will have their work displayed in the lobby of the Ductac Centrepoint theatre at Mall of the Emirates.
- You must be aged between seven and 12 years old.
- Entries must be no longer than 1,000 words in length.
- All entries must be submitted in the correct format which should include the entrant’s name and age at the top of the story above the title.
- The entrant’s email address and mobile number must be included at the end of the story on a separate page (but within the same document). This is to ensure all entries are clearly identifiable.
- Email all entries to email@example.com and write the title of your story in the email ‘subject’ box, along with the words ‘young writer’s competition. For example: “Circus Girl for a Day: Young writer’s competition”
- Handwritten entries will be accepted (depending on legibility – but they must be presented in scanned, PDF format). Please note that typed text would be preferred.
- Stories will be considered for the judging shortlist based on their imagination and strength of writing style. Aspects including good use of language and story structure will all be considered in the judging process.
Closing date: MARCH 15 2014
The winning entry will be announced on April 5.
For more information email us your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information and picture courtesy of artforall.ae/
Good luck everyone!
– Untitled Chapters Team