We are going to shake things up with our September theme and so the Untitled Chapters team is thrilled to host Twisted Fairytales as our 9th theme for 2013.
What if fairytales did not have happy endings?
What would have happened to the fairy tale if the shoe didn’t fit Cinderella ? What if it fit one of the sisters? What would prince charming do? What would the fairy godmother do?
What would happen to the fairy tale if Little Red Riding hood was not able to run away from the wolf, what if the wolf was actually Little Red herself?
What would happen to the fairy tale if Jack was captured by the Giant before he able to escape by climbing down the beanstalk.
Start your piece from this point. Use any fairy tale & Twist the ending around!
Be inspired by the Grimm Brothers and many other fairy tale story tellers from different cultures! We would LOVE to see what you come up with ^^
Be Inspired and tell us these stories
Deadline for this prompt will be on the 30th September 2013
If you still wish to submit your stories that aren’t related to this month’s theme, we will still feature you on the site
Submissions so far:
- That Could have been me by Fatma Al Bannai
- I’m Your Angel by Maitha AlHosani
- Survival of the Wittiest by Aisha Alsafi
- Color-Blind by Shaima AlShaikh
- The Echo of the lost love of Narcissus by Mariam Q
- Echo of a shadow by Hessa AlBanafsaj
- Before Rapunzel Ever Came To Be by Reem Al-Suwaidi
- A Comforting Melody by Latifa AlGhaferi
- Damsel in Disguise by Amna AlHashemi
- Red Riding Hoodie by Maitha AlHosani