It’s almost that time again! The time where there’s an overdose on coffee and sugary treats, lack of sleep, your mind is overwhelmed and your fingers keep typing at lightening speed
Yes! Within a month’s time, it’s going to be the official start of
Thirty Days and Nights of Literary abandon!
What is NaNoWriMo you might ask?
NaNoWriMo: Stands for National Novel Writing Month
It is an annual event where writers attempt to complete a complete novel of 50,000 words within 30 days
When does it officially start?
NaNoWriMo starts ever November
Why announce about it now?
Well … a novel doesn’t usually write itself, unless of course you’re one of those awesome people who just opens up a word text and magic flows from your fingers =p So We wanted to initiate this in October to give writers the chance to have a month in advanced to plan their novels so that when Novembers comes, they aren’t running around like chickens with their heads chopped off not knowing what comes next in their novel
Perks of participating in NaNoWriMo?
- If you finish it, you would have a complete novel in your hands!!
- You can interact with other writers who are doing this as well. It may sound stressful but you won’t be the only one =p
- It’s heaps of fun
- You will have a COMPLETE NOVEL!
You may think that it may not be good if you rush into writing it but guess what? First drafts are always not good, not matter if you finish it in 30 days or 30 months. First drafts tend to go through a lot of changes after they are done so why not do it in 30 days?
Untitled Chapters will be participating this year, our Fatma Al Bannai has participated twice (2010 & 2011) and would like to have our members participating as well so if you’re participating let us know so we can organizing writing get togethers during November and perhaps organize one pre-NaNoWriMo gathering to discuss ideas
How to sign up and get prepared for NaNoWrimo ?
- Anyone can enter! Yes anyone! Just Create an account atwww.nanowrimo.org (Don’t forget to let us know you’re participating =p)Note: When you’re creating the account from anywhere other than Abu Dhabi. The Nanowrimo website lists the capital of each country based on the timezone so choose that option to create your account ^^
- Decide on a story
- Identify your characters
- Outline your story
- Come November and just start writing!
For more info you can visit www.nanowrimo.org
– Untitled Chapters Team
One thought on “NaNoWriMo 2012”
I AM IN INSHALLAH!! THIS MONTH IS TO FINISH PLANNING! OMG!! SO EXCITED!! YAY!