Calling all story tellers, the Abu Dhabi Book Fair and The National have announced a short story competition!
The Theme that must be used for this short story competition should be “2012: End of Days” or title their entry The Others.
Some basic rules:
- The entries must have a word count that range from 1,000 to 1,500 words
- Can be written in any genre.
- Must be written in English
- Target Audience for short story: Adults
- Authors must be 18 years old and above
- Authors cannot be related to anyone working at Abu Dhabi Media or at the Abu Dhabi Book Fair.
- The story must be an original and unpublished submission
- Submission must be sent as a readable text document
The deadline to submit the short stories is on the 19th of March so get writing everyone!
Stories must be emailed to email@example.com to be able to enter into the competition
How it works?
The first round of entries will be judged by an in-house panel of editors employed by The National. Five shortlisted works will be chosen and forwarded to the Abu Dhabi Book Fair panel. They will also be published in The National’s Arts & Life section
Winning entries will be picked by a guest author from the Abu Dhabi Book Fair
Prizes : =D
- The first-prize: iPad
- The 2nd place prize: ipod Touch
- 3rd, 4th & 5th: book vouchers, valued at Dh500 each, from Jashanmal Bookstores.
Good luck everyone!
– Untitled Chapters Team